Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dream Theater, The Paramount 7/18/12

Well, I did have this all types out before but apparently it got reset even after being saved.. so here we go again.. I had already posted something similar on tumblr, so this is a bit of reiterating that and expanding upon it. This past week Dream Theater played two nights in a row at The Paramount in Huntington NY, with the opening act of the Crimson Projekct. Both of these bands put on fantastic sets, I would have loved to see them for both nights.

Well the Crimson Project had played for about 45 minutes, but I really thought they could have been on for longer. Every minute of their performance was just mind blowing, I would love to see a whole concert of just them as the main act in the future.

To the left here is a photo of the setlist that my mom had gotten at the end of the show. Now while we didn't get the set for the Crimson Projekct (unfortunately), here is what it was:


01. B'Boom
02. THRAK
03. Dinosaur
04. Elephant Talk
05. Red
06. Frame by Frame
07. Thela Hun Ginjeet
08. Indiscipline

As I was going on with before, every musician on stage was fantastic. While some of the people around me didn't appreciate it as much as I did, I suppose their music isn't for everyone, but if you like King Crimson at all you will absolutely love them. They were all very skilled musicians, played great together, and you could just tell from their performance that they were really enjoying themselves.

The Crimson Projekct
The night really kept getting better and better as it went on. Dream Theater was just amazing and put on over a two hour set. Every aspect of their show was just amazing; from the visuals, energy on stage, and musicianship, it was all amazing. Just seeing their performance and how technically skilled they all are, it's something that is really inspiring. Knowing that a band from the island got so far in their career and doing what they love, it's just something that makes you feel really good about what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it.
Rudess and Petrucci soloing.
Now I had looked up the set for Thursday's show, and they did change the set a bit. For that show Dream Theater did a cover of  "Paradigm Shift" with Tony Levin on bass, and then as an encore they covered "21st Century Schizoid Man" with the whole Crimson Projekct playing along with them.

Overall I am very glad that I got to see them at this show, and I really enjoyed every moment of the show. This was my second time getting to see Dream Theater live, the first being when they opened for Iron Maiden at Madison Square Garden in 2010. While I didn't get to see both shows as some people I know did, I am just so happy I got to see them at all. I can not wait until they come around again, I know I'll be sure to see their show.

Now to conclude this, here is a video of "The Dark Eternal Night" from Systematic Chaos at Wednesday night's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment